Dear First Presbyterians,
I, like you, am very concerned about the Coronavirus and about doing everything we can as a congregation to minimize its spread.
1. As usual, if you are ill, please stay home.
2. The pews will be wiped down with a Clorox based spray prior to worship on Sunday mornings.
3. There will be no physical passing of the peace. Congregants will simply smile and say, "May the Peace of Christ be with you" without hugs or handshakes. Our bulletins will now have these instructions in print.
4. Members will be asked to sit in alternate rows to maintain appropriate physical distance as recommended by the CDC. Given the size of our Sanctuary compared to the number in attendance this should be easy to accomplish.
5. Our next Holy Communion is not scheduled until April 12, Easter Sunday.
6. We will suspend the signing and passing of the pew pads until further notice. We will welcome and invite all visitors to communicate their desires to us through projected announcements via phone, email and text.
We will be stressing hand washing and not touching your face through announcements on our screens and the pulpit. The latest CDC information FAQ sheet has already been posted on all exterior doors as well the entrances to the Sanctuary.
As your pastor I will say that I am reluctant to cancel worship services. I believe that now more than ever we need to hear words of hope in community as we move together in faith and wise practices through this crisis. The Session is ultimately responsible for the scheduling and cancelling of worship and together we will evaluate this and other contingencies as things unfold over the next days and weeks ahead.
Blessings, Peace and Good Health,
The Reverend Dr. James D. Hegedus, Pastor